BennuLife doctors have been performing bone marrow-derived stem cell injections for more than 15 years. During that time, we have made it a priority to assure our patients that our treatments are not only safe, but backed by years of research and experience. With all the scientific data in hand, patients can make an informed and confident decision before moving forward with any of our services.
BennuLife is at the forefront of regenerative medicine science and, with an entire team of scientists dedicated to stem cell research, we have accumulated more data and patents than any other clinic in the same niche.
An internal review of current stem cell research indicated four important concepts:
1. Stem Cell Therapy is an effective treatment option for Osteoarthritis (OA)
Osteoarthritis is the most common cause of arthritis. It is a degenerative disorder that affects millions of people each year, resulting in cartilage loss, synovial inflammation, and eventually the mechanical dysfunction of the joint, leading to pain, stiffness, swelling, and pain.
Common treatments include NSAIDs, steroid injections and, for many, joint replacement surgery.
Research into BMAC therapy (1,2,3,4,5) has shown it to be a source of multiple growth factors that have a direct effect on bone remodeling and cartilage regeneration.
BMAC is known to provide anti-inflammatory and pain mitigating effects. It has a positive effect on bone remodeling and cartilage regeneration, two areas that are associated with OA. Studies show that patients enjoy an improvement in pain scores as well as in range of motion. Choosing BMAC therapy has helped some patients to delay or avoid surgery altogether.
2. Bone Marrow is the most effective source of stem cells
Bone marrow aspirate contains a complex mixture of cellular components that include platelets, growth factors, white blood cells, hematopoietic precursors, and live stem cells. All of these compounds have a dramatic effect on the healing process. (6,7)
- Bone marrow stem cells are extracted from your own body, so there is no risk of rejection or reaction.
- The growth factors and cytokines in BMAC have a direct influence on cartilage repair and regeneration.
- Bone marrow-derived stem cells have been used for more than 40 years. It is the source with the most extensive research and evidence for efficacy.
- While fat is also a source of (adipose) stem cells, it does not include any of the powerful growth factors or other types of cells that induce healing and encourage new blood vessel growth.
- Fat-derived stem cells are not an FDA-approved source.
- Clinics have recently been offering “stem cell products” from placental and umbilical donated sources, but these products do not contain any living cells or cells that are viable for therapy.
3. It's an effective treatment for low back pain and degenerative disc disease
Lower back pain is becoming one of the most debilitating conditions for individuals 50 years of age and older. However, more conservative or traditional treatments like NSAIDs, ice, stretching, steroids, and physical therapy rarely offer any long-term resolution to the pain.
Without access to alternative therapies, many people resort to spinal fusion surgery. However, these surgeries can cause serious complications. Because spinal fusion immobilizes parts of your spine, there is additional stress and strain on the vertebrae above and below the fused portion, which may increase the rate at which those areas of the spine degenerate.
New research shows BMAC intradiscal injections are a natural and minimally invasive alternative to surgery.(8,9) Additionally, the cost is significantly less than the surgical route, while the clinical results are similar or superior to surgery for chronic discogenic low back pain.
4. The procedures are safe, reliable, and FDA approved
Consistent across all the reviewed research studies was that the procedures are safe and that risks and complications are minor. In fact, none of the procedures indicated were found to make symptoms worse.
Because the cells are sourced from the patient’s own body, there is no risk of rejection. The procedure is well-tolerated as it aligns with the body’s own natural healing process.
Lastly, the procedure is FDA compliant, meaning that it has surpassed a high standard of safety and efficacy.
Find Out More
If you suffer from osteoarthritis, low back pain, or if you have an injury to joint cartilage for which you have considered surgery, you owe it to yourself to explore stem cell therapy. Learn how your own stem cells have the potential to support your longevity and overall good health.
Reach out today to learn more and discover if you are a good candidate for stem cell therapy. 512-213-1668